Nominations open for Canada’s Volunteer Awards
Nominations are now open for Canada’s Volunteer Awards, which recognizes a not-for-profit organization, an individual, a group, or a business who is making a positive impact in their community. As Canada prepares to celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2017, it is important to acknowledge the tireless efforts volunteers put in to improve lives in our communities and country.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- One (1) national award – Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award;
- Five (5) regional awards – Emerging Leader, for young volunteers aged 18 to 30;
- Five (5) regional awards – Community Leader, for individuals or groups of volunteers;
- Five (5) regional awards – Business Leader, to recognize businesses that demonstrate social responsibility; and
- Five (5) regional awards – Social Innovator, to recognize the contributions of not-for-profit organizations.
Nominees will be assessed according to six criteria: role, impact, reach, engagement, challenges, and inspiration. Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony and will be able to choose a not-for-profit organization to receive a grant of $5,000 (regional awards) or $10,000 (national award).
The nomination period closes Friday, February 3, 2016.