The ‘Mastering of a Music City Summit’: Saturday, May 11th 2019
Music Canada’s fourth annual The Mastering of a Music City Summit is returning to Canadian Music Week. This exciting full-day event is being held on Saturday, May 11th 2019 at the Sheraton Centre Hotel in Toronto.
The summit this year is being hosted in partnership with the Music Policy Forum. The event will feature a plethora of local and international speakers, and will bring together policy-makers, industry executives, City staff and music community members to explore issues around the value of music and its relationship to creative city-planning.
Some of the themes and topics of the day include:
- Inclusivity, equity and diversity in the context of a music city
- The intersection between the night-time economy and developing music strategies
- Underground music venues, and their relationship to the city
- The value of music tourism to a city
- Exploring co-working spaces/incubators, and how they level the playing field for artists
- Building successful coalitions in the music community
Click here to see full recaps of last year’s summit.